REBGV published this and I think it’s a good overview of how buyers feel when they are making an offer.
2. I would have paid more but the seller didn’t counter my offer
3. The seller didn’t accept my full price (or over full price) offer
4. Seller accepted a conditional offer but mind had no conditions
5. Seller accepted someone else’s offer but mine was higher
6. Seller dealt with someone else’s offer but mine was written before theirs
7. Seller didn’t accept any of the offers
8. Seller or his/her realtor “shopped my offer” to other buers
9. Seller’s realtor wouldn’t tell me the identity of other buyer’s realtors, or the number of other offers made
10. Seller’s realtor hasn’t tole me what’s going on with my offer
11. My realtor didn’t get a chance to present our offer
Sometimes the complaints are genuine and sometimes they’re not – the transaction may have been properly handled and the buyer is venting their frustration if things didn’t turn out the way they had wanted.
When I’m making an offer with a buyer client, I review the process in detail, to ensure they understand their options.