Selecting the right design, location and value are important to your lifestyle.
But selecting the right building is equally important. There are so many builders in Vancouver, how do you select the right one?
CMHC offers some key considerations to assist you in shopping for your new home builder
- check the internet or homes section in your local paper to find out which companies build in your area
- check with family, friends and co-workers for reputable builders
- check how long the builder has been in business. how many projects do they build a year? what is their experience?
- do they have the licences and registrations required by the Provincial Government? Do they belong to an industry organization?
- visit the presentation centre
- read through each builder’s website
- check out the master plans for the community
- take your notebook or camera
- ask questions and write down answers to review later
- find an experienced neighbourhood realtor