Congratulations – you’ve bought your Vancouver home and now it’s time to prepare for the move.
1) Get quotes from moving companies and book one – be sure to get a written commitment
2) Start going through your possessions and donate or throw out what you no longer use
3) Make a list of items that need extra attention when moving (china, computers)
4) Order moving boxes, packing tape, etc
5) Start packing and make note of items of significant value (i.e. stereo systems, flat screen televisions). Depending on your insurance agreement with your moving company, you will need to declare items of value in case items are lost or damaged.
6) Notify your landlord, if you’re renting
7) Notify your Provincial Health Authority, if you’re moving out of the Province
8) Notify your utility providers, your bank,
9) Notify the strata about your move in and move out
Step Two Moving Guide
1) Change your address on line
3) Arrange school transfer for your kids, if you’re moving to a different catchment
4) Notify your bank, insurance company, credit card companies, doctor and dentist, magazine and newspaper delivieries, insurance providers, club memberships, house alarm company
1) defrost fridge
2) pack personal items that you will move yourself
3) be on site when the moving truck arrrives and superivse the move
4) do a final walk through to ensure you haven’t left anything behind. Turn off the lights and lock the doors.
5) arrive at your new home ahead of the movers
6) Welcome home – enjoy!