How is the Vancouver real estate market in Yaletown? Are sales up or down? Have listings increased? What’s the average price? How long does it take to sell a Yaletown property? What are prices doing? Are they higher or lower than 90 days ago? What price range is selling the best?
The Yaletown market in January saw listings and sales on the rise, compared to December
Majority of sales still under $500,000 but the sales over $1M more than doubled. Reasonably good buyers market. Inventory equal to Jan’08 and at the lower end of the scale. Highest inventory in last 6 years was Spring ’08.
Where is Yaletown?
It is the area west of Burrard street, south of Pacific Avenue and east of Carrall St. It also runs east of Richards and south of Smythe.
What’s it Cost to Buy in Yaletown?
You can buy a studio condo from $318,000 and one bedrooms start around $339,000, 2 bdrms from $449,000 and 3 bdrms are over $1M. Most Expensive? a waterfront Penthouse for $11,800
The Stats (compared to previous month)
- Listings 238 (192)
- Sales 43 (36)
- Average days on market – 36 (56)
- Sellers on average moved 3% from their List Price (unchanged)
- Sales averaged psf – $721 ($714)
- Average sale price $714,238 ($836,2228)
- months of inventory 5.5 (5.3)
Busiest price range?
- 50% sold under $500,000
- 30% between $500,000 and $1M
- 20% sold over $1M
What’s the 90 day trend?
Listings and sales are both lower than 90 days ago
What’s the Average Sales Price over last 3 years?
- Jan’12 – $744,74 (-23%)
- Jan’11 – $978,044
- Jan’10 – $576,032
Buying or selling in Vancouver’s Yaletown?
- I come armed with stats and graphs
- strong interpersonal skills
- hyperlocal info
- educate you about the market and the process
- all coupled with decades of experience providing trustworthy real estate advice