Local real estate advisor Ozzie Jurock passes his opinion on Vancouver’s hottest neighbourhoods. The fact that Chinese investment/speculation has made White Rock, Richmond, the Westside and West Vancouver indisputably HOT in 2011.
We expect more inflow of Chinese money into these (and other areas) starting this month at Chinese New Year. What we mean by “HOT” for our purposes are investment type areas, where with a 25% down payment you can still by a condo or even a house that – over time – sees all of its carrying costs paid for by the tenant.
- We have mentioned these areas before (and have seen the Dunbar area rise by 50% in 3 years, the Main and Broadway area by 35%, North Vancouver area by 30% and Richmond by 45%
- We still like all of Vancouver, but particularly Dunbar – between 10th Ave and 34th Ave andCoal Harbour, Kitsilano
- Main and Broadway, proximity to the South Shore of False Creek, Canada Line and Sky train links … condo prices still make sense
- North Vancouver’s Lower Lonsdale is transforming into ‘Yale town North’ minus the high prices. The $250 million Pier Project has added tremendous value
- We like Richmond’s Steveston ‘Granville Island meets West Vancouver’
Join Ozzie’s upcoming Canada Landrush Conference this weekend and learn more about where to invest in Canadian real estate
Why Choose Maggie Chandler as your Realtor?
- I LOVE what I do!
- I come armed with stats and graphs
- hyperlocal info
- excellent interpersonal skills
- all coupled with decades of experience marketing vancouver condos
Please leave a comment on Facebook, at the bottom of this post